If there is a job abroad for Filipino workers, you can only apply for it via local recruitment agency. And that agency must be accredited by the POEA. This is the rule for overseas recruitment in the Philippines. If the agency does not have a POEA license that means the company you are applying to is an illegal recruiter.
But how will you know if a company is recruiting illegally?
There is a simple way to do this.
How to Check if a Recruitment Agency is illegal using POEA website
1. Visit POEA website at www.poea.gov.ph.
2. Look for “Status of Recruitment Agencies” search box. You can find it at the upper right side of POEA home page.
3. Type the name of your recruitment agency then click the search button.
4. You should see the name of your agency as well as the address and contact numbers. The Status should also say “Valid License”. The result should look like the image below.
5. If the search says “Zero Result Found”. Then you are dealing with an illegal recruiter and should report them to the POEA.
When you are looking for a job using the internet, you would normally visit job sites and look at their list,
until you find the one that you think matches your skills.
You can imagine that this will take a lot of time if you are going to visit a lot of job websites. Fortunately,
Google has a tool that can help us to do this process quickly and automatically.
How to look for a Job using Google Alerts
1. Log in to your google account (gmail or google+)
1. Go to http://www.google.com/alerts
2. You will see five options that you can set.
Search Query – This is where you type what you are looking for. For example you can
type job open rrjm, job open programmer, job open driver, or job open saudi.
Result Type – You can leave it to the default value (“Everything”).
How Often – You can set it to “Once a Day” or “Once a Week”. If you want to be alerted
immediately then set it to “As It Happens”
How Many – The default is “Only the Best Result” which will give you the most accurate information. Or you
can set it to “All Results” which will give you all websites that contain atleast one of the words you
type in your Search Query.
Deliver To – Type your email so that the alerts will get delivered to your email.
What Does Google Alert Do
Google Alerts will automatically send you emails that contain job openings depending on the Search Query that
Note: You can enter as many “Search Query” as you want.
Job Hunting and Christmas Breaks
It’s that time of the year again when everything slows down to a crawl. Traffic slows down. Office activities winds down as everyone is anticipating the holidays.
The last two weeks before Christmas are ideally the last days when you can still push your job hunting. But come Christmas, everything usually stops and will pickup again on the second week of January the following year.
Even though most would be in vacation mode you can still Use the holidays to improve your hiring chances by doing the following:
1. Update your Resume – It’s the perfect time to update your resume. Think about your accomplishments this year (career wise) and include them in your resume.
2. Learn a new skill or acquire a new knowledge – Maybe you need to improve your computer literacy or you need to enroll in a new course. Always try to update your skills. New technologies are constantly being introduced in every industry. You need to keep your skills relevant so that you will always have an advantage when you are applying for work.
3. Buy new clothes that you can use for interviews – This advice may seem shallow at first, even funny. But it is actually important. People tend to respond more positively to people who are well dressed. Sometimes people who dress well also attract better pay. You can dismiss this advice but it is human nature. You can either ignore it or use it to your advantage.
4. Network to find Job Opportunities – It’s the holiday season. Connect with your friends and acquaintances. Gain new friends. Sometimes, simple small talks can provide you with new job prospects. Who knows, one of your friends’ company may be looking for someone that matches your skills.
Hi. We are currently looking for:
Machine Operator – Tire Retreading
- 23 to 38 Years Old
- Minimum of 5 yearrs as a Belt Spicer/Conveyor technician
- Good knowledge of all forms of Belt Splicing ans Installations
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure
- Ability to communicate effectively across all levels , clients , management ans team members
- Contribute towards the companies safety policies
- An understanding of high integrity splicing procedures.
- Male or Female
- 23 to 30 Years Old
- Knowledge of network cabling and computer operations
- Installing windows and other software on user’s computers.
- Computers support and maintenance
- Diploma in Computer Application or any relevant computer course
- At least 2 years experience in computer skills.
- Familiarity with Any Middle East Country is considered essential
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Planning Engineer – Civil
- Male or Female
- Relevant Engineering degree from a reputable university or college
- At least 5 years work experience in planning and scheduling for major construction project.
- Expert in the use of the latest version of Primavera and other planning software
- Extensive familiarity with planning and scheduling with at least 5 years of experience in foreman or lead position.
- 5 to 8 years experience in the oil and gas industry, preferably within petro chemicals.
- Middle east experience is considered essential.
- Good command of English reading, writing and speaking.
- Physically strong and healthy.
These jobs are for Saudi Arabia deployment.
For more jobs openings continue to visit our website: http://www.rrrjm.com
Scholarship for OFW
OWWA through its Congressional Migrant Scholarship Program (CMSP) or Education for Development Scholarship Program (EDSP) is offering College Scholarships for OFW family members in Northern Luzon.
Exam will be held on September 22, 2013.
Top 100 passers will qualify for the scholarship.
Those who are interested must submit the following requirements to the OWWA Regional Office on or before August 14:
1. Accomplished application form
2. Two 2×2 ID pictures (studio shot / white background)
3. Proof of relationship to OWWA member (Birth certificate of applicant or birth certificate of both the single OFW and the applicant-dependent and certificate of no marriage duly certified by the Local Civil Registrar or NSO, if OFW is single)
4. Proof of OWWA membership
5. Form 137 / High school report card.
For more information, please contact OWWA Region 3 at:
09174379429 or 0917 5100098.
Source: Philippine Information Agency