Category Archives: Work Abroad Tips
If there is a job abroad for Filipino workers, you can only apply for it via local recruitment agency. And that agency must be accredited by the POEA. This is the rule for overseas recruitment in the Philippines. If the agency does not have a POEA license that means the company you are applying to is an illegal recruiter.
But how will you know if a company is recruiting illegally?
There is a simple way to do this.
How to Check if a Recruitment Agency is illegal using POEA website
1. Visit POEA website at www.poea.gov.ph.
2. Look for “Status of Recruitment Agencies” search box. You can find it at the upper right side of POEA home page.
3. Type the name of your recruitment agency then click the search button.
4. You should see the name of your agency as well as the address and contact numbers. The Status should also say “Valid License”. The result should look like the image below.
When you are looking for a job using the internet, you would normally visit job sites and look at their list, until you find the one that you think matches your skills.
You can imagine that this will take a lot of time if you are going to visit a lot of job websites. Fortunately, Google has a tool that can help us to do this process quickly and automatically.
How to look for a Job using Google Alerts
1. Log in to your google account (gmail or google+) 1. Go to http://www.google.com/alerts
2. You will see five options that you can set.
Search Query – This is where you type what you are looking for. For example you can type job open rrjm, job open programmer, job open driver, or job open saudi.
Result Type – You can leave it to the default value (“Everything”).
How Often – You can set it to “Once a Day” or “Once a Week”. If you want to be alerted immediately then set it to “As It Happens”
How Many – The default is “Only the Best Result” which will give you the most accurate information. Or you can set it to “All Results” which will give you all websites that contain atleast one of the words you type in your Search Query.
Deliver To – Type your email so that the alerts will get delivered to your email.
What Does Google Alert Do
Google Alerts will automatically send you emails that contain job openings depending on the Search Query that you provided.
Note: You can enter as many “Search Query” as you want.
For Filippinos working abroad SSS has provided a tool to allow you to manage your SSS account anywhere and anytime. Just go to www.sss.gov.ph and register for an online account.
After you have secured your SSS online account you can login as a member and it will allow you to do the following:
SSS Online Features
1. Download or Print your SSS Records 2. Check and Manage your SSS information 3. Inquire about Member Benefits 4. Look up your Loan Records
Information Source : Business Mirror
Nuong mga nakaraang taon may sinulat kaming article tungkol sa kung paano talunin ang Homesickness. Para sa mga Overseas Filipino ito ang pinakamabigat na kalaban, ang mamiss ang ating mga mahal sa buhay na nasa Pilipinas. Naisin man makasama lagi ang ating mga pamilya kailangan mag sakripisyo at magtrabaho abroad para maibigay sa kanila ang mas magandang bukas.
Mga Karaniwang Ginagawa ng mga OFW Para Labanan ang Lungkot
1. Keep Busy – Isa sa mga payo ng mga matatagal ng OFW ay magtrabaho hanggang mapagod. Para kapag uwi mo sa iyong tinutuluyan ay tulog na lang ang iyong nasa isip. Simpleng payo lang ngunit ito’y epektibo.
2. Sumali sa Filipino Community / Join Filipino Communities – Makisalamuha sa mga kapwa pinoy. Isa itong epektibong paraan para ika’y may makausap, may makakabalitaan kung anu nangyayari sa Pilipinas at may maging mga bagong kaibigan na tutulong sa iyo na malimut sandali ang pagkamiss sa sariling bayan. Magkakaroon ka rin ng pagkakataon makatulong sa mga kapwa Pilipino abroad na distressed.
3. Engaged in Sport Activites – Mag gym, mag badminton, basketball at iba pa. Epektibo ito na pampalipas ng oras at nakakabuti pa sa kalusugan.
Punuin mo lahat ng aktibidad ang iyong oras. Wag hayaan mabakante ka unless kailangan mo talaga magpahinga.
Ang homesickness ay mahirap lang naman sa umpisa. Kapag nagtagal ka ng nagtratrabaho abroad ay masasanay ka rin sa bansang iyong tinitigilan.
Our airport is not up to par with other countries like Singapore, HK, or South Korea. But that is not the worst part of it. The worst thing about our Ninoy Aquino International Airport are the taxis the pickup commuters there. They have a culture of being abusive to the newly arrived Foreigners and Filipinos including our OFWs.
I could not remember when this abusive culture actually started. Ever since I could remember using our airport, they have always been like that. And they never changed for the past 20 years that I have been old enough to ride a plane on my own.
They don’t use the meter and would charge up to four times the cost of the passengers regular fare.
I don’t know why they think they have to be an opportunist and why they don’t want to go about their work normally like everyone else.
How to avoid NAIA abusive taxis
1. Have a relative or co-worker just pick you up from the airport.
2. Get the number of Taxi operators that allow call ins and have them pick you up.
3. If you are not carrying much baggage or anything too valuable, you can walk outside the airport to the bus stop and just ride a regular bus.
This has been an age old problem but seems never taken seriously by our transport authorities.