South Korean Parliament passed Act 11276 on February 1, 2012. It is a revision on the Act on Employment of Foreign Workers.
The law will be in effect on July 2 this year.
This law will provide foreign workers including Overseas Filipino Workers the following Benefits:
1. It will allow foreign workers who wish to return to South Korea after completing their contracts from six months to three months.
2. Returning workers will be exempted from retaking Korean language test and employment training.
1. Foreign worker should have no record of transfer of workplace during the employment except for justifiable cause.
2. There is still a shortage of workers in the sector he is employed in.
3. They should already have a new work contract before returning to Korea.
There are currently 24,000 Filipinos workers in South Korea in the field of manufacturing, construction, agriculture and fisheries.